Protocol and Guidance
This guidance applies to any council and committee meetings that are open to the public.
- The Council allows any member any person to report on public meetings subject to the limited exceptions outlined below. The term ‘reporting’ includes the taking of photographs, filming, audio-recording, tweeting, blogging or generally reporting on proceedings. It does NOT include making written notes of proceedings.
- Those wishing to undertake any reporting of meetings are requested to make this known to the Clerk immediately prior to the commencement of the meeting.
- The Chairman of the meeting shall advise everyone that the meeting is being reported.
- The proceedings of the meeting must not be disrupted by the use of any equipment or by the manner in which the reporting is undertaken.
- It is also important that reporting does not inhibit public involvement.
Please download this document which contains the complete protocol and guidance on this matter.